Updated June, 2022
This mini-tutorial is aimed at clients who have some knowledge of WordPress and are comfortable with the interface. If you need assistance, contact KMDD for fees to help you update. We take no responsibility for incorrectly working sites that are updated by the client.
- Access your login at - yourwebsitename/WP-admin.
- Log in to your WordPress website Dashboard.
- You will have been sent login credentials when you initiated your hosting with KMDD. Contact KMDD for missing login info if needed.
- ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING ANYTHING. We recommend WP-Clone UpDraft Plus for backup. If WP-Clone UpDraft Plus is not listed in your Dashboard, install the Plugin or contact KMDD.
- Next to the Dashboard menu (top menu item) access > Updates.
- KMDD has enabled automatic WordPress updates on all accounts so you should always see: “You have the latest version of WordPress.” at the top of the Updates page.
- Place a check mark next to any Plugins listed and click Update.
- Place a check mark next to any Themes and click update. (check with KMDD before updating any Theme).
- Check your website for proper functioning.